About Clinic IVF – history
The Clinic IVF has a 20-year-old tradition in treating infertility, and is the oldest and most respected clinic for reproductive medicine in this area. The founder and medical director of Clinic IVF is professor Velimir Šimunić who is a world renowned expert and pioneer of IVF.
Prof. Šimunić has led a team of experts who have achieved success with IVF, seventh in the world. He participated in all the advanced achievements in the field – oocyte and embryo freezing, ICSI, blastocyst culture, hyperstimulation prevention, freeze all technology, personalized stimulation of ovulation, preservation of personal fertility, and more.
As a recognized opinion leader, he published about thirty books, 200 professional and scientific papers, held 200 invited plenary lectures in the country and abroad. Prof. Šimunić is a full time professor at the Faculty of Medicine in Zagreb, a longtime president of the Croatian Society for Human Reproduction and president of the National Commission for Medical Assisted Fertilization.
As the first subspecialist of human reproduction he educated all current Croatian experts from this field of medicine. He participated in achieving more than 5,000 pregnancies and the birth of IVF children.
In 2017. professor Šimunić got the highest National aword (Croatian Medical Chamber) for achievements in clinical medicine.
Prof.dr. Velimir Šimunić
Today, the clinic IVF successfully performs the entire diagnosis and treatment of infertility:
- Semen analysis and advanced analysis of male infertility
- Endocrinological disorder in women
- Amenorrhea, anovulation, PCOS/PCOM, premature ovarian insuficiency, other central disorders and disturbed control of cycle
- Determining the normality of the uterus and the fallopian tube anatomy
- Invastigation and treatment of spontaneous abortion and recurent implantation failure
- Treatment of myoma (fibroids), endometriosis and adenomyosis
- Treatment with all methods of assisted reproductive technologies (ART), ovulation stumulation, insemination (AIH/IUI), IVF/ICSI, advanced gamete and embryo selection, blastocyst culture, cryopreservation (vitrification) of oocytes and embryos, preservation of fertility
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy (office)
The Clinic Ivf – Infrastructure
The new location of the IVF Polyclinic is on the 3rd floor of the Kvaternik Plaza, between Maksimirska Street and Antun Nemčić street.
It occupies almost 400m2 of newly renovated space with spacious waiting room, ambulance, operating room and IVF centar devided in four laboratories with advance clean room technology
Clinic IVF Key personnel